Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Long Week

My week started out ok. Sunday after church I got a called from Brother Washburn asking me to speak in Sacrament meeting the following Sunday. I said yes and quickly called Dad and Mom to see if they would be able to help Mike with the kids. Mom said it was her ward conference and she needed to conduct but they would see what they could do and get back to me. Monday, Mikatie had the day off from school for President's Day. I had scheduled our taxes to be done. So we were getting ready to go to Pocatello as soon as Mike finished feeding the cows. Janel Williams called and asked if Mikatie could come over and play with Adele. I told her that would be fine and we would pick her up when we were leaving for Pocky. Mikatie didn't want to go with us and Janel and Cameron said it would be fine for her to stay with them. Mike and Alex and I drove to Pocatello. We had our taxes done. We then went to Party Palace and helped Alex make a Bison. We had made a bunny at build a Bear in Iowa with Mom and Dad for Mikatie. So Alex wanted his own. We then did a few more erronds and then went to get Mikatie. We all went into William's house and were invited to eat Pizza with them. It was a fun evening. Thank you Janel and Cameron. Tuesday I went to work and when I picked
Alex up from Jamie's she said he acted like he wasn't feeling well and had a tempeture. He had had a runny nose so I just assumed it was allergies. Wednesday at 230am Alex came in to our room and got into bed with us. He was so hot to touch that it hurt me to touch him. I called work and said I had a sick kid and gave him some Motrin and went back to bed. He slept till 11:15 then took a long nap later that day. Thursday, Coleen Benson borrowed the van, so I stayed home and studied for PALS (Pediatric Advanced Lifesupport) and tried to work on my talk and Primary Lesson. Thursday-Friday morning Alex still had a high temp and I had 1 1/2 hours of sleep so I went to my class and just turned in the books and told them I would have to take the class at a later date. Then took Alex to the Doctor. He told me it was just a virus and to give him Tylenol and Motrin. When I got home Mikatie had gone to Karine's house and didn't want to come home. Alex and I were resting on the bed when the doorbell rang. It was a Mother of one of Mikatie's classmates wanting to know if Mikatie could come over on Saturday and play with Ashley. It was a great help and an answer to my prayers. Saturday, the Peds clinic called to say that Alex had Strep throat and needed an Antibotic. We got him started on it. When Ashley's mom came to pick up Mikatie I gave her the option of not taking Mikatie cause she had been exposed to Strep but she took her anyways and had her from 10am till 2 pm. Sunday, Mom and Dad came early so we got to visit longer. Thank you for the help! Nich and Crystal sat by Mom and Dad and helped with Mikatie. Thank you! Alex fell asleep in Dad then Mom's arms. I think I did ok on my talk. It was on Self Reliance in the March Ensign. I encourage all to read it. I'm trying to be more self reliant and get back to doing things for my self and not rely on the instant and quick things so I can avoid being a "Gulliable Gull". I'm very thankful to my Heavenly Father for helping me through this week. Thank you everyone who help me survive. Mikatie also pulled her top Left tooth. She has only one left in the front. She looks cute with the missing teeth. The bottom ones are growing in. Well enough,

4 comments:

Rita Peck said...

What a crazy week. Glad Alex is on his way to recovery. Friends can really make things easier. Good luck with the coming week

Jamie said...

Isn't crazy how things always happen at once. Tyler is anxious to see Mikatie. He misses her.

Janel said...

You did a good job on your talk. I also enjoyed the "gullible gulls" story. I read it to Cam late one night when he was up checking cows.
I remember Mikatie wiggling her tooth on Monday. (oh, I bought bowls, spoon and cups today)

orhedricks said...

Sorry it was a hard week. So thankful you have friends and family to help. Hope Alex is doing better. Miss our text chats!